Delinquent Tax Returns

Request A Case Evaluation Or Tax Resolution Development Plan

Get a Tax Resolution Development Plan from us first before you attempt to deal with the IRS. You would meet with Board Certified Tax Attorney Jeffrey B. Kahn at the office location most convenient to you. Jeff will review your situation and go over your options and best strategy to resolve your tax problems. This is more than a mere consultation. You will get the strategy or plan to move forward to resolve your tax problems! Jeff’s office can set up a date and time that is convenient for you and take your credit card information to charge the $600.00 session fee which secures your appointment. By the end of your Tax Resolution Development Plan Session, if you desire to hire us to implement the strategy or plan, Jeff would quote you our fees and apply in full the $600.00 charge for the Tax Resolution Development Plan Session.

Has it been years since you’ve filed tax returns? While the Internal Revenue Service may have not yet notified you, delinquent taxes will catch up to you sooner or later. And with technology and sharing of information advancing at light-speed, it may be sooner than you think.

The IRS may seek to impose a criminal offense for failure to file past tax returns as required. Even if you do file, the tax returns must be accurate and truthful because, if the IRS detects false returns, a fraud referral to the Criminal Investigation Division will be generated.

The IRS may also create a “substitute return” to establish an account for a taxpayer who refuses or is unable to file a required return. Such a return almost always results in a higher liability than if the taxpayer filed a tax return, because the IRS does not take into account any of the following:

  • basis information for assets sold
  • business expenses
  • adjustments to gross income
  • itemized deduction,
  • married filing joint status
  • exemptions for dependents

Under certain circumstances, if the Internal Revenue Service hasn’t contacted you already, it may be possible to avoid criminal penalties and file a return that was previously unfiled. Back taxes could still be owed, however, once you file an overdue return.

When you need help paying IRS debt, we can get you current with your tax return filing obligations and then analyze your situation to determine the best course of action for payment and minimize the chance of any criminal investigation. For many taxpayers, this typically leads to an Offer in Compromise.

For prompt evaluation of your case, we encourage you to contact us. You may also call us using our toll-free number at 866.494.6829.